Make The Pledge
Simple changes in your daily work life can make a big difference in reducing energy usage and making Uptown Charlotte the most sustainable urban core in the country. Click the orange button below and tell us how you can help. Together, we can encourage sustainable behaviors and reduce energy consumption by Uptown office buildings by 20% in five years.
- Turn off several office lights permanently.
- Use daylight instead of artificial lights.
- Light time at the right time.
- Put your PC in standby when not in use.
- Turn off your monitor when not in use.
- Unplug electronics before you leave.
Heating & Air
- Close the blinds in the summer.
- Open the blinds in the winter.
- Cut off the fan.
- Take the stairs when possible.
- Turn off the coffee maker when not in use.
- Use revolving doors.